Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Rain & Football

Most people would say the rain ruined their weekend; As for me it made mine. July 21st. Saturday, was my first official semi pro football game. I departed from Germantown around 1:45pm Saturday afternoon to arrive in Baltimore around 3:15. Strapping up my pads for the first time in two years, it felt phenomenal knowing that I was about to step foot onto this rubbery turf field only to lay some broncos out. The rain only intensified my game play. It made me want to run faster hit harder and play with an attitude, not caring about any body on the other side of the ball, it was game on. Bursting down the field on a play I heard a POP!, and that's when my Saturday went from great to not so great. I had pulled my groin; lucky it was in the 4th quarter so I had played most of the game. The only thing was that no body had scored which was nerve racketing knowing that I had to sit on the sidelines in excruciating pain. Surprisingly with seconds left on the clock we scored off of a defensive interception and went home with the victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment